Haven’t done a tag in a while! Thank you to Sammie over at Bookshelves and Biros for tagging me in this awesome tag. It was created by The Bookish Underdog and I’m super excited to do it 🙂 Let’s get to it!
1. Mama, just killed a man – A fictional character’s death that really upset you?
Dobby from Harry Potter. I just can’t even express how upset I was over this little elf who helped Harry out in so many ways. I became even more upset at his little grave. No, I can’t even talk about it anymore. *crawls into a blanket fort and sobs!*
2. Carry on, carry on – Pick a book that was hard to keep reading but was worth it in the end?
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare.
I get super overwhelmed by big books. I just cringe and tend to push those to the back of my shelf and try to forget that they exist. But my golly gosh was this worth it! I loved the whole Mortal Instruments series and I’m glad I didn’t let my fear of bigger books put me off this amazing conclusion.
3. Sends shivers down my spine – pick a book with a beautiful spine/cover?
This is just so beautiful, I have few words. I actually picked it up today for HALF PRICE. I can’t even contain my excitement on how excited I am to read it!
4. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to go – A book that you couldn’t finish?
Paper Towns by John Green. I’ve never got the hype around his books. I didn’t like The Fault in Our Stars and I couldn’t even get half way through Paper Towns before I gave up.
5. Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening?
I actually don’t know! I don’t think I have a very good answer for this one, not a lot freaks me out. I recently read an ARC of The Painted Ocean by Gabriel Packard and that was quite creepy, to be stuck on an island with a psychopath and no means of communication with the outside world would be totally frightening.
6. Bismillah, no! We will not let you go – which book/series do you wish there had been more of?
Harry Potter. For me, there would never be enough books. Ever.
7. Mamma mia, mamma mia – which book/series should be made into a musical?
This is a tricky one. All the books that first came to my thoughts are actually already musicals. I really think The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton would be super cool as a musical!
8. The head banging bit – Which book made you face-palm?
The Fault in our stars by John Green because it was just so damn predictable.
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me, baby – pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
J.K Rowling likes to rip my heart and stamp all over it. So many characters in Harry Potter that I love had to die!! Dobby and Hedwig been at the top of my list. Pfftt!!
10. Nothing really matters to me – which character/s did you not care about?
Again, I didn’t care about Hazel in the Fault in our Stars. I seriously didn’t have any feelings or connection to her at all.
COME AND FIND ME 🙂